Sunday, May 4, 2014

Fifty Shades of Thomas Probert


No doubt about it. I have "favorite" ancestors. Thomas H. Probert, who always signed his name as T.H. Probert, is one of those. He is a paternal gg-grandfather to me, grandfather to Norine, father of nine, and husband of two. Although I've written about him before (links below), he still draws me in, "forcing" me back to the Kentucky Archives and historical newspapers, trying to understand who Thomas was. Although I've not yet read the runaway bestseller Fifty Shades of Gray, the title of the book  fits with my notion of Thomas. You could never describe one or two "facts" about Thomas and think you've figured out who he was. He is a complex man, and that's why I love him.

So after four months of research, I'm ready to write. I hope you'll follow along on this journey and tell me if Thomas speaks to you. Want to be overwhelmed? Try to imagine how many direct descendants of T.H. are currently walking this planet. I'm glad to be one of them.

Need to catch up? Here are links to previous posts I've written about Thomas H. Probert.

Sometimes There Are Surprises
Where I've Been
You Be the Jury - Guilty or Not Guilty
You Be the Jury - Guilty or Not Guilty - Part 2
The Verdict Is In

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation. Comments are appreciated and keep me motivated.